Friday, January 25, 2013

Chicken Taco Soup on the crock pot

I figured since it was freezing rain and snowing outside and my husband loves soup on a cold day that I'd make soup with the chicken I had laid out for supper tonight.  I found a recipe I had almost all of the ingredients to, so Chicken Taco Soup it is going to be!

I'm all about simple recipes on the crock pot, since I have to put supper together during nap time, which isn't long periods of time around here!

Here is the recipe I found online on allrecipes.com if your looking a soup to make yourself:

Ingredients:

1 onion (chopped)
1 can of chili beans
1 can of black beans
15 oz. of whole kernel corn, drained
1 (8 oz.) can of tomato sauce
1 (12 oz.) bottle or can of beer ( I used a bottle of bud light)
2 (10 oz.) cans of diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
1 pkg of taco seasoning
3 whole boneless, skinless chicken breasts
shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
sour cream (optional)
crushed tortilla chips (optional)



Directions

  1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
  2. Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment